GREAT ART SHOW 2014
SECONDARY SCHOOL DIVISION
entries close Friday 5 September
late sorry you miss entry in the catalogue
- simply the greatest art show of the region -
A unique opportunity for secondary schools
to promote and display
the best art of their 10 best students,
alongside the best art of leading established &
emerging adult artists.
Each school is offered an individual dedicated display
space 3m wide x 2m high.
GREAT ART SHOW TROPHY
is awarded to the school with the best display.
GREAT ART SHOW TROPHY
is awarded to the student with the best work
in the show.
Each school should select
the best 10 works of their best 10 students
in any of the following sections, for their display.
Schools will decide how many works will fit in display area.
A. LEST WE FORGET
An accurate painting to commemorate the centenary of World War 1
a single painting or a mini mural [approx 120 x 40cm] by one or more students. At judging he RSL
will check the authenticity of the subject matter. open medium.
B. PERSONALITY PORTRAIT
A portrait of a person or pet . traditional or contemporary in style. open medium
C. MY HERITAGE
A painting of my family's country of origin.
Painting could depict my relations or their homes or a village scene or country scene
or the special art of the country. open medium
D. INNOVATIVE CONTEMPORARY ART
Creative art in mixed media OR photography OR digitalised works.
Subject options based on either
[a] endangered species -
or [b] our natural world -
or [c] oursupernatural - fictional - world.
Presentation in open format / medium, including printed format , or designed as an A3 poster,
* All works should be presented to their best advantage and should be
mounted or framed.
* Mats need to have 'stick on' plastic hooks on reverse to hang works on
* The number of works presented will depend on their finished size but
all works must fit within the 3mx2m display space.
* ENTRY FEES.
- regular - A3 30 x 42 cm [ or less] $10 per painting
- large - A2 42 x60cm [or less] $15 per painting
- mini mural - max size 120 x 40cm approx $20 per painting
* Works should be for sale.
* School entry forms on separate page - ready to print out.